Mountain Bike Tour of Lake Mead and the River Mountains
Available for guests in Las Vegas. Come experience one of the newest bike paths in the Las Vegas valley. Recently opened, this beginner friendly River Mountains bike trail will take you leisurely downhill toward Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam.
After some basic riding instruction, you will set off toward the trailhead and be immediately rewarded with spectacular views of Lake Mead. A short stop gives you the opportunity to see Bighorn Sheep, so don’t forget the camera. Resting points along the way will allow for explorations, photos, and questions about the area.
The bike path continues to meander toward Lake Mead where you can stop at the Lake Mead Visitors Center for restrooms and water. Visit the wildlife exhibit and learn about local plants and animals of the Mohave desert.
Back at the railroad tunnel trailhead, you will prepare to embark on a historic journey. Ride your bike through five giant tunnels, where trains transported concrete to the Hoover Dam 24 hours/day for two years. Take some time to explore the Hoover Dam, snap some photos, or take the tour into the depths of this engineering wonder.
After lunch, we will pack up the mountain bikes and gear before heading back to Las Vegas to finish off an unforgettable experience. This trip is rapidly becoming a customer favorite!
What is included during the trip?
Mountain Bikes, helmets, riding instruction is provided as well as lunch, snacks, and bottled water. Round trip transportation
Tour Duration: - 5-6 hours
Tour Time: 8:00am to 3:00pm
Pickup Time: 6-6:30am
Activities: Mountain Biking, Wildlife, Hoover Dam
Hoover Dam: 1.5 hours
Biking Time: 2½ - 3 hours
Total Miles: 13 total miles; 8 miles paved, 5 miles dirt.
Number of stops: As many as needed; 10 or more
Trail Terrain: Combination of wide pavement and packed dirt. No singletrack. Fun & scenic with 7 tunnels on trail.
80% Loss / 20% Gain
Skill Level: Beginner
Minimum Age: 14 +
Tour requires a 2 guest minimum, check for availability.
guest info - what to know/bring?
Retail $$: 169.00
- Cancellations made 14 days in advance will receive a full refund, minus a 6% processing fee.
- Cancellations made within 7-13 days will receive a 50% refund.
- Cancellations made within 3-6 days will receive a 25% refund.
- Absolutely NO refunds will be issued for cancellations within 48 hours of a reservation.
- Day trips can be rescheduled with at least 48 hours notice. Multi-day trips can be rescheduled with at least 14 days notice (Rescheduling fees will apply).
- Rescheduling fees of $25 per person for guided trips, and $10 per person for self-guided trips will be assessed for any change in date. Permits will need to be re-purchased per NPS policies.
- Routes and trips are proposed and might change. Although we will do everything in our power to make sure trips are as described, we may change routes, locations, or times to ensure the safety of our guests and guides.
- We cannot be responsible for wind, weather, waves, rain, heat, flash floods, earthquakes, or unforseen circumstances.
- Desert Adventures reserves the right to cancel trips due to weather or unsafe conditions. In this case, we will reschedule, issue a credit, or refund money, depending on individual circumstances.
- Desert Adventures does not cancel trips due to rain.
- If the trip departs as scheduled, the above cancellation policy will apply.